Maritime Health Research and Education-NET/Standard Questionnaire Based studies
Google Forms QuestionnnairesEdit
Practical guide for sending out the Forms to the students Edit
Publications on the wayEdit
Data will be collected with questionnaires to be answered electronically, by interview or self-contained. The questions will consist of three parts,
- One permanent introduction with the demographic information about the person and the ship/workplace
- The second and main part will be selected from the list of standard questionnaires below
- Extra questions for specific wishes
Repeated cross-sectional rounds in a prospective dynamic cohort design. The follow up with an analysis of any changes in the overall answers will be analyzed for more than one time responders. In each questionnaire, round the first time, respondents will constitute a new cohort.
Follow-up of the cohortsEdit
For each of the questionnaire rounds, there will be a question about the completion of a similar questionnaire before. And thereby comparison by groups of workers like specific job positions, type of ship, etc. The objective is to identify trends of risky work indicators, wellbeing, and health claims.
The target study populations are maritime schools and maritime workers organizations. For each round, one standard questionnaire or part of it and some specific items are used e.g.
- General Health Questionnaire (GHQ-12)
- Nordic Musculoskeletal Questionnaire(NMQ)
- Nordic Safety Climate Scheme (NOSACQ-50)
- Copenhagen Psycho-Social Social Questionnaire (CoPSQ)
- Nordic Occupational Skin Questionnaire (NOSQ-2002)
- Food Frequency Questionnaire (FFQ)
- Self-Reported Injury at work
- Objective and subjective assessments of workplace and hazards exposures
- European Working Conditions Surveys (EWCS) part of can be used
- Permanent variables: age, nationality gender, height, weight, smoking, general health, officer/not officer, job/workplace, ship type&size