This area of this wiki is related to and about learning, teaching, and researching Mad Studies.
Mad Studies is related to of critical psychology and critical psychiatry. Mad Studies attempts to develop a qualitative understanding of the experiences of those undergoing extreme life problems and extreme cognitive and emotional states.
- How might Mad Studies view power differences inherent in the relationship between patients/clients and psychological and psychiatric service providers?
- What dynamics create the power imbalance between psychiatric and psychological service providers and their patient/clients?
- How can understanding the personal experiences of those experiencing extreme life problems and accompanying emotional states inform the practice of those providing psychological and psychiatric services?
- Why do some people identify as Psychiatric Survivors? How can the stories and experiences of those individuals who identify as Psychiatric Survivors be understood, and how can that understanding be applied to how psychiatric and psychological services are provided and rendered?
- Mad Pride
- Mad Studies
- Autistic Pride Day
- List of social movements
- Autism rights movement
- Mad Pride
- Psychiatric survivors movement
- Searching for a Rose Garden: challenging psychiatry, fostering mad studies
- Mad Matters: A Critical Reader for Canadian Mad Studies