This is a collaborative effort to create some teaching materials about the Lightning Network. Eventually all information provided and articles should be written on this wiki for a start we can of course just link to articles.
There is a list of potential videos to be created on the talk page. Feel free to take over responsibility for a video or add ideas to the list. You could also erase videos from the list if you think we wouldn't need them.
We start with a loose collection of links.
Tutorials for end usersEdit
setting up a lightning nodeEdit
- c-lightning install docs
- Run your own mainnet Lightning Node
- Bitcoin — Setup your own ⚡lightning ⚡ node on mainnet!
- How to Set Up a Lightning Network Node
- Harnessing Lightning For Instant Bitcoin Transacting — A Tutorial
- How to build your own portable plug-in Lightning node!
- Ride the Lightning How to use the Lightning Network on the Bitcoin Mainnet
- ACINQ Eclair install documentation
- Setting up Lightning with an Eclair Node from Acinq (on Bitcoin testnet) on a Windows machine
- Eclair How to setup LN node on Windows 10
- REDACTED Bitcointalk links trigger spam filter
- LND install documentation
- Detailed guide to installing LND and Bitcoind on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for Mainnet
- Stadicus guides for setting up node on Raspberry Pi or Odroid device
- Setup a lightning network node for Litecoin on a Mac
- Setting up and Testing LND with the Testnet Lightning Faucet - January 2017 old!
- Create a C# Console app from scratch
securing a lightning nodeEdit
- before.rules for ufw?
Materials for developersEdit
- White-Paper: http://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf
- Presentation explaining Construction of Payment Channels (via Revocable Sequence Maturity Contracts) and Construction of the Network (via Hashed Time Locked Contracts): File:Examining_the_lightning_network_on_a_protocol_level.pdf
- source code: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning
- python API Client: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/tree/master/contrib/pylightning
- Installation Guide: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/master/doc/INSTALL.md
- Documentation for Developers: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/master/doc/HACKING.md
- Mailinglist: https://lists.ozlabs.org/listinfo/c-lightning
- irc: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23c-lightning
- LND source code
- LND Overview and Developer Guide
- LND Lightning Tutorial
- Become a contributor to the Lightning Dev Site
- How to fork, clone and submit pull requests for changes, to LND
- Contribution guidelines for LND
- Understanding the Lightning Network Part 1 Building a Bidirectional Bitcoin Payment Channel
- Understanding the Lightning Network Part 2 Creating the Network
- Understanding the Lightning Network Part 3 Completing the Puzzle and Closing the Channel
- a really good starting point is the Lightning Network Article on the Bitcoin Wiki
- Obviously the first Place we should look at is the Wikiversity Category Lightning Network
- Wikimedia commons has an archive of openly licensed talks and graphics about the lightning network
- There is also the Lightning Network Wikipedia article
- Lightning Resources page
- Understanding Lightning Network using an Abacus and possibly useful video
If none of those help you can ask questions and tag them with lightning network over at bitcoin.stackexchange.com
Materials for Business makersEdit
Other curated information sourcesEdit
Hack A Lapp/Introduction to Bitcoins Lightning Network App Development
- install pylightning module
- invoke an Remote Procedure Call to your c-lightning node in a python code base
- create an invoice for your customer