A Course in Introductory Algebra
This course is intended for adult learners returning to college or university studies. Some common classes covering roughly these topics are the College Algebra class sequence at University of Phoenix and Axia College, and the Basic Algebra class sequence at Devry. You might not have used academic algebra for many years, but don't worry! Introductory algebra can be both fun and useful!
If you are ready, start here!
|Lesson Name||Estimated Time|
|Graphing Lines||2 hours|
|Intersection of Lines||2 hours|
|Square roots||2 hours|
|Solving Quadratic Equations||2 hours|
|Graphing Quadratic Equations||2 hours|
|Solving Exponential Equations||2 hours|
|Solving Logarithmic Equations||2 hours|
|Course Check What You Know||2 hours|
The following courses cover related material but focus on specific exams:
Learning mathematics takes time, energy and a few basic skills. Take the Introductory Algebra Readiness Check to see if you are ready! To succeed in this course, you need
- Arithmetic (including fractions) mastery,
- Mathematics Study Skills mastery,
- Spending time on this class daily.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Solve and graph linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic equations.
- Interpret function notation.
- Formulate and solve real world problems involving linear, quadratic, exponential and logarithmic equations.
|Subject classification: this is a mathematics resource.|
|Educational level: this is a tertiary (university) resource.|
|Completion status: Been started, but most of the work is still to be done.|