Intermodal Public Transport
This learning resource deals with a public intermodal passenger transportation system in which (as in intermodal container transportation) the.
- the propulsion unit (e.g., the truck, ship, locomotive with wagons)
- from the payload unit
is separated. Please take into account in this learning resource that it is a theoretical discussion.
Applied to public passenger transport.
- the propulsion unit is a special bus, an electric vehicle, a passenger ship, or a locomotive with wagons)
- and in the case of the payload unit, one would not speak of people as payloads to begin with, but rather of an intermodal passenger cell.
The fundamental difference between this and the current invidual transport and a public transport separate from it is that the separation of the propulsion unit and intermodal passenger cell has the ability to mix transport modes and use both public and commercially provided propulsion units with its own passenger cell and the luggage stowed in it.
A family of 3 is going on vacation and gets into the intermodal passenger cell with suitcases and wants to use it to get to the vacation spot on an island. In the learning group, first consider this introductory example and discuss the challenges and frameworks in which such public intermodal passenger transportation could operate.
- (Transportation) First, deal fundamentally with the term "transportation" and try to explain the similarities and differences of different transport processes (transport of goods in traffic, transport of nutrients in blood, ...).
- (Container transportation) Identify the importance of a standardized container for the efficiency of transportation.
- (Intermodal passenger cell) Apply the concept to an intermodal passenger cell that does not itself have a propulsion unit.
- For this purpose, consider different groups of people (students, elderly, ...) and analyze potential usage behavior with an intermodal passenger cell. What requirements does the infrastructure have to meet for this?
- Analyze e-Mobility and its Business Processes related to the use of a public intermodal passenger transport. Which drive units can be realized on the basis of e-mobility?