One of the pleasant phenomena of questionnaires is their variability. The questionnaire below can also be reformed by exchanging homosexual, monosexual, oligosexual, or polysexual for heterosexual. Have some fun and enjoy learning by doing.
Heterosexuality Questionaire edit
Read the Heterosexuality Questionnaire and comment below in the Discuss section.
- "What do you think has caused you to be heterosexual?"
- When and how did you first decide you were a heterosexual?
- Is it possible your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of people of the same sex?
- If you've never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn't prefer it?
- Isn't it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?
- Isn't it possible that all you need is a good gay lover?
- If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual? (Fact check: there is a disproportionate number of homosexual mental patients)
- To whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies? How did they react?
- Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex? Why are they so promiscuous? (Fact check homosexuals in the Western countries are more promiscuous. See here for further discussion.)
- Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?
- If you were to have children, would you want them to be heterosexual knowing the problems they'd face?
- Your heterosexuality doesn't offend me as long as you don't try to force it on me. Why do you feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?
- The great majority of child molesters are heterosexuals. Do you really consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?
- Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public spectacle of your heterosexuality? Can't you just be who you are and keep it quiet?
- How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, exclusively heterosexual lifestyle, and remain unwilling to explore and develop your homosexual potential?
- Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role playing?
- Even with all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals? (Fact check: the divorce rates vary among homosexuals, with lesbians being even less stable than among heterosexuals.)
- How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual like you, considering the menace of overpopulation? (Fact check: non-sequitur.)
- There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that could help you change if you really wanted to. Have you considered trying psychotherapy or even aversion therapy? (Fact check: see Point 7.)
- Could you really trust a heterosexual therapist/counsellor to be objective and unbiased? Don't you fear he/she might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his/her own preferences?
- How can you enjoy a full, satisfying sexual experience or deep emotional rapport with a person of the opposite sex when the differences are so vast? How can a man understand what pleases a woman, or vice-versa?
- Would you describe yourself as "polyamorous", "oligoamorous", or "monoamorous"?
- Martin Rochlin (January 1977). "Heterosexuality Questionnaire". United Kingdom: PinkPractice. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- "Mental health statistics: LGBT people". Mental Health Foundation. 2018-03-12. Retrieved 2020-09-15.
- Mental Health Disparities - American Psychiatric Association
- Glick, Sara Nelson; Morris, Martina; Foxman, Betsy; Aral, Sevgi O.; Manhart, Lisa E.; Holmes, King K.; Golden, Matthew R. (2012-05-01). "A comparison of sexual behavior patterns among men who have sex with men and heterosexual men and women". Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes (1999) 60 (1): 83–90. doi:10.1097/QAI.0b013e318247925e. ISSN 1525-4135. PMID 22522237. PMC 3334840. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3334840/.