The "H-box [is] from the bean chalcone synthase gene Chs15 [23,24]."
The "Phaseolus vulgaris chalcone synthase (PvCHS15)" gene has three H boxes between the G box and the TATA box, where each binds to MYB, KAP 2, and KAP 1 downstream from the G box, respectively.
"Functional studies with the H-box indicated that it cannot function to a high level alone. Gain of function experiments, however, show that it is active in combination with a G-Box element [...] in transgenic tobacco plants in establishing the characteristic tissue-specific pattern of expression and mutations in either the H-box or G-Box reduced the response to tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) infection [24,30]."
"A bZIP protein from soybean binds to the G-Box in the bean Chs15 promoter [36•]. This protein, G/HBF-1, can also bind to the adjacent H-box."
"Although the mRNA and protein levels of G/HBF-1 do not increase during the induction of its putative target genes, the protein itself is rapidly phosphorylated and in vitro phosphorylation enhances binding to one (H-box III) out of the three H-boxes present in the Chs15 promoter."
H box in animalsEdit
"A testis/brain RNA-binding protein, TB-RBP, binds to the Y- and H-boxes in the Prm2 3′ UTR and represses translation of a reporter mRNA in rabbit reticulocyte lysates . The Y- and H-boxes are found in many transcripts expressed in the testis and brain, including Prm1, Prm2, Tnp1, and Tau ."
"The box H/ACA snoRNAs were most recently recognized as a small RNA family by virtue of an ACA trinucleotide located 3 nt upstream of the mature snoRNA 3' end (41). In addition to this ACA box, they have the consensus H box sequence (5'-ANANNA-3') but have no other primary sequence identity. Despite this lack of primary sequence conservation, the H and ACA boxes are embedded in an evolutionarily conserved hairpin-hinge-hairpin-tail core secondary structure with the H box in the single-stranded hinge region and the ACA box in the single-stranded tail (5, 16)."
The "3' end of mature hTR (45) has an ACA trinucleotide 3 nt upstream of its 3' end. In addition, the 3' region of hTR contains a single H box consensus sequence (5'-AGAGGA-3')."
"Comparison with the murine telomerase RNA (mTR) (7) suggests that the snoRNA-like features of hTR are evolution- arily conserved. The mTR 3' end (nt 169 to 397 as numbered in reference 25) has ~76% sequence identity with the corresponding region of hTR (nt 211 to 451) and includes consensus H (5'-ACAGGA-3') and ACA box sequences."
An H box has a consensus sequence of 3'-ACACCA-5'.
H box in Solanaceae has the following consensus sequence 3'-CC(A/T)ACCNNNNNNN(A/C)T-5'.
H boxes in promoters of A1BGEdit
For the Basic programs (starting with SuccessablesHACA.bas) written to compare nucleotide sequences with the sequences on either the template strand (-), or coding strand (+), of the DNA, in the negative direction (-), or the positive direction (+), the programs are, are looking for, and found:
- negative strand in the negative direction (from ZSCAN22 to A1BG) is SuccessablesHACA--.bas, looking for 3'-ACACCA-5', 4, 3'-ACACCA-5', 788, 3'-ACACCA-5', 2659, 3'-ACACCA-5', 3187, 3'-ACACCA-5', 3811,
- negative strand in the positive direction (from ZNF497 to A1BG) is SuccessablesHACA-+.bas, looking for 3'-ACACCA-5', 1, 3'-ACACCA-5', 386,
- positive strand in the negative direction is SuccessablesHACA+-.bas, looking for 3'-ACACCA-5', 2, 3'-ACACCA-5', 883, 3'-ACACCA-5', 2419,
- positive strand in the positive direction is SuccessablesHACA++.bas, looking for 3'-ACACCA-5', 2, 3'-ACACCA-5', 204, 3'-ACACCA-5', 528,
- complement, negative strand, negative direction is SuccessablesHACAc--.bas, looking for 3'-TGTGGT-5', 2, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 883, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 2419,
- complement, negative strand, positive direction is SuccessablesHACAc-+.bas, looking for 3'-TGTGGT-5', 2, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 204, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 528,
- complement, positive strand, negative direction is SuccessablesHACAc+-.bas, looking for 3'-TGTGGT-5', 4, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 788, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 2659, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 3187, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 3811,
- complement, positive strand, positive direction is SuccessablesHACAc++.bas, looking for 3'-TGTGGT-5', 1, 3'-TGTGGT-5', 386,
- inverse complement, negative strand, negative direction is SuccessablesHACAci--.bas, looking for 3'-TGGTGT-5', 1, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 3764,
- inverse complement, negative strand, positive direction is SuccessablesHACAci-+.bas, looking for 3'-TGGTGT-5', 2, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 511, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 530,
- inverse complement, positive strand, negative direction is SuccessablesHACAci+-.bas, looking for 3'-TGGTGT-5', 3, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 608, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 793, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 1477,
- inverse complement, positive strand, positive direction is SuccessablesHACAci++.bas, looking for 3'-TGGTGT-5', 1, 3'-TGGTGT-5', 420,
- inverse, negative strand, negative direction, is SuccessablesHACAi--.bas, looking for 3'-ACCACA-5', 3, 3'-ACCACA-5', 608, 3'-ACCACA-5', 793, 3'-ACCACA-5', 1477,
- inverse, negative strand, positive direction, is SuccessablesHACAi-+.bas, looking for 3'-ACCACA-5', 1, 3'-ACCACA-5', 420,
- inverse, positive strand, negative direction, is SuccessablesHACAi+-.bas, looking for 3'-ACCACA-5', 1, 3'-ACCACA-5', 3764,
- inverse, positive strand, positive direction, is SuccessablesHACAi++.bas, looking for 3'-ACCACA-5', 2, 3'-ACCACA-5', 511, 3'-ACCACA-5', 530.
- Paul J Rushton and Imre E Somssich (August 1998). "Transcriptional control of plant genes responsive to pathogens". Current Opinion in Plant Biology 1 (4): 311-5. doi:10.1016/1369-5266(88)80052-9. http://arquivo.ufv.br/dbv/pgfvg/bve684/htms/pdfs_revisao/estresse/transcriptional.pdf. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- Jun Zhong, Antoine H.F.M. Peters, Kathy Kafer, Robert E. Braun (1 June 2001). "A Highly Conserved Sequence Essential for Translational Repression of the Protamine 1 Messenger RNA in Murine Spermatids". Biology of Reproduction 64 (6): 1784–1789. doi:10.1095/biolreprod64.6.1784. https://academic.oup.com/biolreprod/article/64/6/1784/2723598. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- James R. Mitchell, Jeffrey Cheng, ang Kathleen Collins (January 1999). "A Box H/ACA Small Nucleolar RNA-Like Domain at the Human Telomerase RNA 3' End". Molecular and Cellular Biology 19 (1): 567–576. http://mcb.asm.org/content/19/1/567.full.pdf. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- Timofey S. Rozhdestvensky, Thean Hock Tang, Inna V. Tchirkova, Jürgen Brosius, Jean‐Pierre Bachellerie and Alexander Hüttenhofer (2003). "Binding of L7Ae protein to the K‐turn of archaeal snoRNAs: a shared RNA binding motif for C/D and H/ACA box snoRNAs in Archaea". Nucleic Acids Research 31 (3): 869-77. doi:10.1093/nar/gkg175. http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/3/869.long. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- M.-A. Grandbastien, C. Audeon, E. Bonnivard, J.M. Casacuberta, B. Chalhoub, A.-P.P. Costa, Q.H. Le, D. Melayah, M. Petit, C. Poncet, S.M. Tam, M.-A. Van Sluys, C. Mhiri (July 2005). "Stress activation and genomic impact of Tnt1 retrotransposons in Solanaceae". Cytogenetic and Genomic Research 110 (1-4): 229-41. doi:10.1159/000084957. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Corinne_Mhiri/publication/7666072_Stress_activation_and_genomic_impact_of_Tnt1_retrotransposons_in_Solanaceae/links/548089040cf20f081e7258e9/Stress-activation-and-genomic-impact-of-Tnt1-retrotransposons-in-Solanaceae.pdf. Retrieved 5 November 2018.