Friedrich Nietzsche/Name Game
Learning Project SummaryEdit
While this lesson takes a light hearted look at the variation in the pronunciation of Friedrich Nietzsche's surname it raises issues of identity, meaning, knowledge and the nature of the author.
- Suggested Prerequisites:
- A sense of humor
- An opinion
- Time investment:
- "I regard profound problems as I do a cold bath - quick in, quick out."
Explore the resources and feel free to add new ones.
Ask friends, family and random strangers how they pronounce Nietzsche.
Start a debate about the possibility of providing a definitive pronunciation for Nietzsche's surname.
Undertake one of the assessment activities.
- Submit a recording of your chosen pronunciation.
- Mark up your chosen pronunciation using the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Compose an appropriate limerick.
- Pen an aphorism that explores the pronunciation.
- Submit any questions and answers this activity has provoked.
- Comment on the assignments that have been submitted to the site.
Active participants in this Learning Group
Please submit any material relevant to the assessments in this area. They will be revalued by peer assessment. So expect comments from other people and feel free to comment on everything on this page. I suggest that rather than using the discussion page you add comments directly to any submission using : to indent them.