Evaluation Theories/Week 3: Evaluation Theory Components
|Type classification: this is a notes resource.|
|Completion status: Been started, but most of the work is still to be done.|
- 1. Paradigm activity
- 2. Group Activity: “Good” Theory
- 3. Group Activity: “Applying the Framework”
- 4. Preparing for debates
J: Tree should be swimlanes with Size of circle (in each) showing body of work and color showing influence; –
Components of a Good TheoryEdit
- A good Program Evaluation Theory;
Shaddish ; frameowrkEdit
Preparation for Theorist Debates:Edit
- 1. Use a range of resources - Emphasize later writings maybe; Roots & Shaddish are helpful but not primary source. (Read original material) - Reference lists for those books are your guidebook for the theorists.
- 2. Use textbook to find references
- 3. Meet with others to talk through answers
- 4. Take extensive notes
- 5. Consider strengths and weaknesses in light of today’s lecture
- 6. Make sure you read up on the other 3 theorists on your panel.
Role of stakeholders:
You will be called upon on the spot to answer questions; - If you pass the buck that becomes the person who participated at the time:
What’s the format of the debate?
- Come in in the persona of the person; “I believe” - sit in groups with your theorist; then we will pick numbers for questions: (J: this is like a talk show. . . quiz show. . .) like “(J: information recall) - - 2nd half: Ask questions; Back and forth . Sharing out / argueing / a little debate.
(J: So this is a quiz show with a discussion....)