Dyed rice activity
Create dyed rice for use in activities. For this activity you can use normal craft paint (called tempura paint or poster paint) to colour the rice.
- Add approximately 1 cup of rice to the bag
- Squirt paint onto the rice. Approximately 1 tablespoon per cup of rice works best.
- Shake the bag to evenly distribute the paint
- Leave for 2-3 hours to dry
A number of activities can be done with the dyed rice.
- Sensory play: Make multiple colors of rice, and have fun filling a bin or play try and mixing the colors together. Combine play with toys.
- Art activities: Put glue on paper, and add rice to make artwork.