Digital signal processing
|01: Overview of DSP||An introductory explanation of what DSP is, why we use it, and what you can do with it|
|02: Sampling and Quantization||A comparative look at analog and digital signals in the real world|
- Understanding Digital Signal Processing, 2nd edition, Richard G. Lyons, 2004. Free online edition available.
- The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing By Steven W. Smith, Ph.D. Free online version and downloadable PDF chapters.
- Signal Processing for Communications, Paolo Prandoni and Martin Vetterli. Free online edition and PDF.
Two books by Martin Vetterli (EPFL), Jelena Kovacevic (CMU), Vivek K Goyal (MIT). Free PDFs:
A collection of DSP books by Julius O. Smith III, Stanford University:
- Mathematics of Discrete Fourier Transform
- Introduction to Digital Filters
- Physical Audio Signal Processing: for Virtual Musical Instruments and Digital Audio Effects
- Spectral Audio Signal Processing
The Theory and Technique of Electronic Music by Miller Puckette, creator of Pure-Data and Max.
- Coursera: Intro to DSP (four parts), Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Digital Signal Processing, MIT, 1987. Archived course. Video lectures, PDF slides, solutions to exercises.
|Type classification: this resource is a course.|
|Educational level: this is a tertiary (university) resource.|
|Subject classification: this is an engineering resource.|
|Completion status: this resource is just getting off the ground. Please feel welcome to help!|