The death penalty, or capital punishment, is where a person is killed by the state as a punishment for a crime.
In US lawEdit
- Legal Information Institute
- The Death Penalty - Exploring Constitutional Conflicts, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Death penalty statistics from the US: which state executes the most people?, The Guardian
- Theology Library page, Spring Hill College - primarily lists articles and resources related to the Catholic view of the death penalty, but also contains other faith groups, both Christian and non-Christian
- BBC Ethics: Capital punishment contains a section detailing the death penalty and views from Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and Judaism.
- Religion and capital punishment at Wikipedia