Intermediate graphics concepts include manipulating graphics, gradients, and tools.
Objectives and SkillsEdit
Objectives and skills for graphics include:
- Manipulate graphics: crop
- Understand use of gradients; patterns; custom colors
- Manipulate tools: size of paint brush
These activities may be completed using any drawing or graphics application (Microsoft Paint, Paintbrush, LibreOffice Draw, Google Draw, GIMP, etc.).
- Start your graphics application. It should automatically open with a new, blank drawing. If it does not, add a new blank drawing.
- Either insert an image into your drawing or paste an image from the clipboard.
- Crop the image and save the file.
- In a new window, Create custom colors, and then use the colors to create a gradient for a background. Save the file.
- In a new window, create a pattern to use to frame the image. Save the file.
- Combine the files. Start with the background, add the cropped image, and then the frame. Save the file.
- Select a brush to add finishing touches. Alter the brush size and color as you add highlights to your creation. Save the file.