Computer Architecture Lab/SS2017
Martin Obel Thomsen s134862
Dimitrios Revythis s162381
Andrés Cecilia s146537
Roman Birca s156000
SDRAM controller for Patmos in ChiselEdit
The project will mainly focus on porting the controller for SDRAM written in VHDL to Chisel for the Altera DE2-115 board.
Andreas Toftegaard, s144026
Henrik Enggaard Hansen, s134099
Jimmi Marquart s134111
Emad Maroun s123791
Implementation of a shared scratch-pad memory with a concept of ownership for multiprocessor architectures.
The project will investigate:
- Implementation of shared SPM with a ownership concept (probably a time-division
- Synchronization and support for atomic operations
- Investigation of possible applications and programming models
Vladimir Sviderskij s134613
Wenhao Li s134620
Project: VGA connector for a display
Andreas Kouloumpris s162168
Dimitrios Katsamanis s162382
Project Topic: Branch Predictor for Patmos
Three things must predicated in order to implement a branch predictor:
- Whether the fetched instruction is a branch
- (Conditional) Branch Direction
- Branch Target Address
The first and the third issue can be resolved by implementing a Branch Target Buffer (BTB).
The second issue can be resolved either by static or dynamic analysis.
In our project we are going to use dynamic analysis by using at first 1-bit counter based prediction, then 2-bit counter based prediction and if we have time we will implement a correlated branch predictor.
Finally, we will compare the different execution times of "taclebenchmarks" on the different implementations.
Alexandru Savin s134622
Cristian Zara s162336
Topic: TinyOS on Patmos
1. Investigate the TinyOS tutorials to get a better feeling about the operating system and especially about the programming language nesC.
2. Determine what drivers have to be ported.
3. Make the necessary changes to have the new board compatible with TinyOS.
Inma Contreras s162644
Chen Yongrui s166120
Instruction set simulator for MIPS
Mathias Linkis s147456
Mathias Møller Bruhn s113592
Project Idea: Out-of-order
Plan: Implement the Tomasulo algorithm on Patmos, in order to enable out-of-order execution