Basic EMT Made Easy
This course is designed to explain Basic EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) procedures, simply and thoroughly. You'll still have a lot to learn after going through this course. This course is meant to be a kickstart or companion to formal EMT training.
Content summary edit
- Blood Pressure
- Blood O2 level
- Pocket Masks
This learning project offers learning activities to increase understanding of EMT skills.
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
You should also read about the Wikiversity:Learning model. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple projects. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
- Lesson 1: ...
- Activity 1.
Each activity has a suggested associated background reading selection. Reading 1.
- Study guide:
- Basic Life Support w: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation w: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Cardiocerebral Resuscitation w: Cardiocerebral Resuscitation (CCR), a similar technique.
- CPR mask w: CPR mask
- Rescue Ann w: Resusci Anne
- Face sheild w: Face shield
- Advanced life support w:Advanced life support
Things Needed For Job in U.S. edit
- Course Completion for EMT-B
- Pass of National Registry (within last 2 years)
- Current CPR for the professional rescuer
- County card- In your state (not necessarily the county you are going to work in)
- Ambulance Drivers license (if driving)
- Medical Examiner's certificate (A physical) (needed when applying for ADL as well)
- Driving Record print out
- Live Scan Fingerprinting will be needed for County Card and ADL
Additional helpful readings include: http://www.emtb.com/9e/online_chapter_pretests.cfm
Active participants edit
Active participants in this Learning Group