Australian Vocational Education and Training/CHCPRP006 Lead own professional development
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to analyse own values, goals and professional well-being as part of an ongoing review for sustaining professional effectiveness. It includes the ability to create a professional development plan that incorporates strategies to enhance the coherence and effectiveness of practice.This unit applies to workers who operate with autonomy in professional service or management roles in the community sector. The activity is self-directed.The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Elements and Performance CriteriaEdit
After studying this unit you will be able to:
- Review professional goals and values
- Reflect on personal values in a professional context
- Re-confirm professional goals
- Evaluate own values and goals against professional objectives and relevant codes of ethics, using a range of valid evidence
- Analyse the coherence between job functions, values and goals
- Determine strategies to enhance coherence and manage areas of conflict
- Review effectiveness of practice
- Assess professional attainments and the skills and knowledge involved
- Evaluate areas where professional practice could be improved and the required skills and knowledge
- Research and integrate information about current best practice and likely future needs and trends
- Determine impacts of practice on self and others through process of self reflection
- Identify coherence between professional practice, values, achievement of goals and work outcomes
- Create and implement a plan to develop required skills, knowledge and coherence
- Maintain professional well being
- Evaluate requirements to maintain professional well beingin the context of individual practice
- Develop strategies to maintain professional well being
- Pro-actively identify options and seek support, where necessary, to maintain professional well being
- Sustain professional effectiveness
- Make reflection and review an integral part of ongoing professional practice
- Engage with professionals within and beyond own practice area to further develop own ideas and practice
- Identify and access professional support and development opportunities for areas of need
- Adjust work processes and practice to improve professional outcomes
Find links to add to this section on the ntisthis.com links page
Before you start make sure you've registered and know how to edit wiki pages, then try these activities:
- Click on the 'Discuss' tab at the top of the page and introduce yourself
- Rewrite one of the Elements or Performance Criteria in the Objectives section in plain language. Imagine that it starts with the words: "After studying this subject I will be able to..." For example a performance criteria that reads: "Work area is prepared to support efficient installation of sewage discharge pipes" is full of puff. It could be changed to read: "Set up a work area for installing sewage discharge pipes"
- Find relevant links and add them to the Readings section. When adding a link use the Edit Summary field to comment on why you chose that link and which objectives it addresses.
- Create and/or link Key Terms to relevant articles in WikiCommons, Wikibooks, Wikipedia or Wiktionary
- Add a quiz question to the Review section. This could be based on any of the objectives, required skills and knowledge or key terms. Or you could base it on information found via the links in the readings section. Here are some tips for writing better quiz questions.
- For bonus marks, write a challenge and add it to the Challenges section.
The template for this subject was generated by NTISthis!