- Replace 1K resistor in voltmeter as converted ammeter.
- Learn how to use circuit lab.
- Use circuit lab to find the resistors.
voltmeter,ammeter and schematic reviewEdit
Demonstrate how voltmeter works: Open voltmeter check inside
- It is easy to solder on the resistor and put the meter back together.
- Figure out how to convert voltmeter to ammeter.
- Here is a solution. Conversion of voltmeter to ammeter
- Following this pdf instruction to find the resistor.
- Where to place the ammeter in the power supply?
- Figure out why need a shunt resistance.
- Figure out why change series connection to parallel connection
The Design ProcessEdit
- Open up the voltmeter.
- unscrew the front cover.
- unscrew the back cover.
- take out the inner part,then will see the resistance on back.
- change voltmeter's resistance to a smaller shunt resistance.(1ohm or <1 ohm,need to confirm)
- put shunt resistance in parallel connect.
- Solution:replace 1ohm resistor with voltmeter's resistor.
Experiment prototypes and tests need for designEdit
- We will test the ammeter and use it in the power supply.