An algorithm is, in layman's terms, a method to go about achieving a particular task. Usually, this task is meant to be performed by a computer or other machine, like calculations and data analysis; however, its definition can be easily extended to tasks in everyday life and other situations.
Resources and readings edit
Full Video Lecture Series edit
Each of these is a full series of lectures on algorithms, as well as some other course materials. These are designed as roughly third-year courses in computer science.
Open source software edit
- Algorithmic projects at Sourceforge
- jSVR - GPL'd Java program that creates 3D models out of 2D images.
- Fast Genetic Algorithm Library 1.0.2
- Multicore Swarm - Libs for writing code for multi-core chips.
Data compression edit
Document formats edit
Related news edit
- March 30, 2007 - Better algorithms for image labeling created.
Learning videos edit
- The Most Important Algorithm Of All Time (Fast Fourier Transform)