3D Printing of Open Source Hardware for Science/Final project
This is a project that supports the course 3D Printing of Open Source Hardware for Science
Final Project AssignmentEdit
- Identify scientific/engineering lab need on campus (ideally yours) for a 3D printable substitute for existing or planned purchase -- reserve it on List of Projects below
- Meet with users to determine exact needs/acquire additional funds/components for multipart equipment
- Design 3D printable components with OS CAD packages
- Log in to NIH 3DP account and post STLs, and include all source files from OS CAD package. Then on wiki (e.g. Appropedia.org) make a landing page and post directions, explanation of what it is and a price estimate for a commercial equivalent as well as links back to the NIH.
- Presentation, Print components, build and bring to class if possible
- Add picture,link Appropedia landing page and "savings per replica" and a hyperlink to cost source on gallery below.
The best projects will be selected to be in the next part.
List of projects and peopleEdit
- project name, ~~~~ to sign it
- Open Source Hardware for Science
For some past examples of student work see this.
|Educational level: this is a tertiary (university) resource.|
|Subject classification: this is an engineering resource.|