Hello, I'm Reception123. I am not active on Wikiversity. Please contact me on My talk page on simple.
SEW Banned templateEdit
- Goldenburg, please let it go. Technically, Goldenburg111 on SEW is a "sock" of Aaqib, who is community banned there for a year. This matter can be handled better, but please be patient. I came here to warn Reception about negative interactions with you. Please don't provoke him. I don't believe that's your intention, but be sensitive to how it will look to others and to him.
- You have stated that you have no intention of asking for an unblock there, and the block reason was that you were editing when Aaqib had been banned, i.e., that you are a "sock puppet" of Aaqib. Yes, from the original meaning of "sock puppet", that makes no sense, but the word has come to mean something else, it simply means "alternate account." You were not, as far as I've seen, using Goldenburg there abusively, but the common wisdom is a ban is a ban is a ban. Let me know if you change your mind about editing SEW, and I'll see what can be done, but please wait a while, at least. That ban is explicit that you are not allowed to ask for a year, and we can take that as being from the date of the original ban.
- Sometimes, a ban "clock" gets reset if the user socks, but that's not necessarily automatic. If I'm right and if Goldenburg wasn't disruptive there, we could ask for a lifting of the ban in a year from the original date, and make that point.
- Reception123, I'm hoping that you will support this, and encourage Goldenburg to learn community customs and procedures. He is, indeed, a fast learner, a judgment I make having an idea of how old he is. Meanwhile, I am leaving a warning here, but please understand that this warning is not intended to prevent you from having positive interactions here. Good luck. —Abd (discuss • contribs) 23:45, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
Per discussion here, there is, in your Wikiversity contributions, to date, an appearance of wikistalking and harassment of User:Goldenburg111. Please avoid that. Meanwhile, I see that you were never properly welcomed. Hence I will also do that. Wikiversity is a place with many educational opportunities, we can be here to learn and to teach, at all ages and levels of education, and it's a wiki, which means that errors can be fixed. Enjoy. —Abd (discuss • contribs) 23:52, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for the nice welcome! Reception123 (discuss • contribs) 05:12, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
- Well, you are welcome. Now, there may be some things to learn here. After the warning above, you did this, restoring massive talk page content archived by Goldenburg, and deleting his reference to his Archive 3. No, no, don't ever do that. I'll fix it this time, and, assuming good faith, will restore your message, providing context. However, it's up to Goldenburg if he wants to respond. —Abd (discuss • contribs) 17:34, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
To get started, you may
You do not need to be an educator to edit. You only need to be bold to contribute and to experiment with the sandbox or your userpage. See you around Wikiversity! --Abd (discuss • contribs) 23:53, 25 December 2013 (UTC)