About The AuthorEdit
Murugavel is a Senior Design Engineer at Infineon Technologies India (Pvt) Ltd. He holds a MSEE from Texas A&M University with specialization in VLSI Design and VLSI architectures for Digital Signal Processing. His current areas of interest include Digital Communication and Optimal System Architectures for SOC based wireless solutions. He is an author of various technical webblogs and publications.
A highly skilled individual with expertise including but not limited to FPGA, ASIC & SoC based product development, concept definition, system architecture, IP development, rapid prototyping, platform emulation, protocol development, 10/100/1000 Ethernet and Multi-Gigabit Ethernet based product development, development of TCP offload engines on high density FPGAs, PCI, PCI-Express & Advanced Switching (ASI) based switch product development, Hardware System Integration, knowledge of HDLs like Verilog & VHDL, extensive experience in FPGA Synthesis & Timing Closure, Wireless Network Infrastructure Design, Wired Network Infrastructure Design.
Expertise in System Architecture, Design and Development, Risk Assessment, Personnel Management, Negotiation Skills, Product Procurement Skills.
- Texas A&M University - MS, Electrical Engineering, 1999 – 2001
- Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology - BE, Electronics & Communication, 1994 – 1998
- Sr. Design Engineer at Infineon Technologies - [Feb 2006 - Present]
- Sr. Design Engineer at Alliance Semiconductor Corporation - [April 2005 - Feb 2006]
- Lead Engineer at Ipsil Incorporated - [April 2003 - March 2005]
- ASIC Design Engineer and Wireless Infrastructure Expert at Xinet Ltd - [March 2002 - April 2003]
- ASIC Design Engineer at ArrayComm Inc. - [August 2000 - Feb 2002]
- Teaching Assistant at Texas A&M university - [September 1999 - August 2000]