This is an "open blog". Feel free to add your own comments.
- 1 JWSchmidt's Wikiversity Blog - Learning the wiki way
- 1.1 Openness and collaboration
- 1.2 Zombie Drama Queens of Wikiversity
- 1.3 Bull in a china closet
- 1.4 The Scarlet Letter
- 1.5 Experts within Wikimedia
- 1.6 You have bans!
- 1.7 How to ban a scholar from Wikiversity
- 1.8 Custodianship for policy violators
- 1.9 Review Part II
- 1.10 Summer trolling
- 1.11 Moulton
- 1.12 My Fork
- 1.13 My behavior
- 1.14 Learning about Wikipedia
- 1.15 View from the real world
- 1.16 Fair Use
- 1.17 Wishes for 2008
- 1.18 Wikiversity, Wikipedia, and Participatory Learning
- 1.19 Changes in the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
- 1.20 Would a copyleft license by any other name smell as sweet?
- 1.21 What is the relationship between Wikibooks and Wikiversity?
- 1.22 More about expert editors
- 1.23 Vandal Wiki
- 1.24 Tools for creating video resources
- 1.25 Open Source Software Crusade
- 1.26 CheckUser
- 1.27 Collaborative video creation
- 1.28 In-wiki-page video this year?
- 1.29 Networks of Web 2.0 Websites
- 1.30 GFDL violations
- 1.31 Wikiversity namespace
- 1.32 Taglines
- 1.33 Culture shock for new wiki participants
- 1.34 Main namespace discussions
- 1.35 Navigation templates
- 1.36 Location of help pages
- 1.37 Wikiversity as a brand
- 1.38 Music collaborations at Wikiversity
- 1.39 Reliable Sources
- 1.40 Stable versions?
- 1.41 Research policy
- 1.42 Verification of credentials
- 1.43 Free media files
- 1.44 Delete or develop?
- 1.45 Main Page
- 1.46 Archives of old topics
JWSchmidt's Wikiversity Blog - Learning the wiki wayEdit
var wgArticlePath = "/wiki/$1"; var wgServer = "http://en.wikiversity.org"; var wgPageName = "User:JWSchmidt/Blog"; var wgTitle = "JWSchmidt's Wikiversity Blog"; var wgContentLanguage = "en"; var x-feed-reverse = "false"; var x-blog-description = "My Wikiversity Blog - Learning the wiki way";
Openness and collaborationEdit
Zombie Drama Queens of WikiversityEdit
A proposal for a new category of Wikiversity Functionary: the Drama Queen. See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/29 January 2011
Bull in a china closetEdit
An old Wikiversity learning project: the study of abusive sysops. See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/13 June 2010
The Scarlet LetterEdit
Once more into the breach! Two new Wikiversity learning projects for 2010. See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/5 April 2010
Experts within WikimediaEdit
Some ideas about how to improve participation by experts within Wikimedia projects. See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/22 September 2009
You have bans!Edit
Wikiversity needs a policy governing bans imposed at the #wikiversity-en chat channel. See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/27 January 2009.
How to ban a scholar from WikiversityEdit
Wikiversity policy for imposing bans on Wikiversity scholars. See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/14 January 2009.
Custodianship for policy violatorsEdit
Is Wikiversity the Wikimedia Foundation project where being a violator of project policy qualifies you to be sysop? See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/14 November 2008.
Review Part IIEdit
I continue the sickening task of responding to the "review" of my editing. See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/19 October 2008.
What did I do on my summer vacation? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/10 October 2008.
What makes Moulton tick? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/16 September 2008.
Page ownership at Wikiverity. See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/15 September 2008.
Read all about it. See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/7 September 2008.
Learning about WikipediaEdit
View from the real worldEdit
Wishes for 2008Edit
Can the Wikimedia community construct a new mechanism to link community representatives to the Foundation? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/2 January 2008.
Wikiversity, Wikipedia, and Participatory LearningEdit
Changes in the Wikimedia Foundation Board of TrusteesEdit
The loss of two Board members this month and questions about the future of Wikimedia. See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/19 December 2007.
Would a copyleft license by any other name smell as sweet?Edit
Dualing licenses: GFDL vs CC-by-sa. A new license for Wikimedia wikis? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/1 December 2007.
What is the relationship between Wikibooks and Wikiversity?Edit
Why are some people having second thoughts about kicking Wikiversity out of Wikibooks? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/13 November 2007.
More about expert editorsEdit
Would having expert editors at Wikiversity increase legal liability? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/10 November 2007.
How can Wikiversity convert vandals into constructive editors? See User:JWSchmidt/Blog/14 October 2007.
Tools for creating video resourcesEdit
Open Source Software CrusadeEdit
Collaborative video creationEdit
In-wiki-page video this year?Edit
Networks of Web 2.0 WebsitesEdit
Culture shock for new wiki participantsEdit
Main namespace discussionsEdit
Location of help pagesEdit
Wikiversity as a brandEdit
Music collaborations at WikiversityEdit
Comments/References and StatisticsEdit
Comments/discussion was moved to the page for this blog post.
Last year there was talk of an experiment for allowing review of some page edits before they would go "public". Is that still going to happen? See: User:JWSchmidt/Blog/17 March 2007. --JWSchmidt 05:21, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
Moved to User:JWSchmidt/Blog/11 March 2007.