User:Atcovi/11.20.2017 French Notes on Culture
Some places teenagers go to in order to satisfy their hunger and thirst are:
- bakery (une boulangerie)
- pastry shop (une pâtisserie) - buy croissants, éclairs, etc.
- Street vendors - Pizzas, hot dogs, ice cream, crêpes.
- Fast-Food restaurant (un fast-food).
But the most common place that teens go to is the café.
- Pierre: Are you hungry?
- Nathalie: Yes, I'm hungry.
- Pierre: Would you like a sandwich or a pizza?
- Nathalie: Donne-moi une pizza, s'il te plait.
- Pierre: Here it is!
- Nathalie: Thanks.
- Pierre: And you, Phillipe, are you hungry?
- Philippe: [exciting phrase in French], yes, I'm hungry.
- Pierre: What would you like? A sandwich or a pizza?
- Phillipe: I would like a sandwich.. and... I would like a pizza as well.
- Pierre: Is it really? You really are hungry!
- French teens eat their meals at home
- Weekends/after school with friends - Go to restaurant/cafe.
- Fast-food restaurants: Similar foods as Americans order, like hot dogs and pizza.
- Cafe... teenagers might order a croissant, a sandwich, or a dish of ice cream. Favorite sandwiches: ham (un sandwich au jambon), Swiss cheese (un sandwich au fromage), or salami (un sandwich au saucisson). All made with French-made bread.
- Traditional quick cafe food: Small steak with French fries (un steak-frites).