Creating a learning project using NTISthis!
The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) sets the standards for delivering training in Australia for Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications. It produces National Training Packages and accredited courses which outline the qualifications, competencies and assessment criteria for specific areas of training. Training received and certified under the framework is 'portable' across Australian state boundaries and industries.
All VET trainers in Australia that work in Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) are required to use the AQTF unit descriptions when delivering training in subjects contained in National Training Packages.
Building a page for teaching a unit of competencyEdit
- visit NTISthis! and search for the subject you want to put on the Wikiversity. For example you might want to teach a subject on constructivism. A search on NTISthis! turns up these pages
- Select your target unit. For example: BSBLED703A - Implement improved learning practice
- Scroll down the list of available formats until you get to the link: Wiki Markup
- Click and then scroll down to the 'Copy to clipboard' button. One click and you're done.
- Create a new page here on Wikiversity. The easiest way to do this is by clicking on the 'Check Wikiversity' button on NTISthis!. Note: this may take you to an existing page, meaning someone else already created a page for that subject. You can either use their page, or start a new page with a different name.
- If you're creating a new page, paste (Ctl-V) the wiki markup code into the code editor window. Note: if you have started in the Visual editor, you will need to click on the square bracket icon on the screen's top right corner to open up the code editor view.
- Add a summary; preview and make changes to your page, then save. More details on these processes can be found on this Wikiversity FAQ about editing
Your subject page should be pretty well ready to go, but you might like to add activities and/or assessments. You might also want to work through some of the activities yourself. By default the page gets loaded with the following activity template:
The class can work through these, supervised or not, or you can undertake them yourself.
You may also want to create other related pages, perhaps using the AQTF qualification or skillset descriptions found on NTISthis! Once you have created a set of pages you can tie them all together into a learning project